- — Organic, Non-GMO, Raw, Vegan
Ingredients for Easy Vegan Cheese Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium-sized pot.
- Once everything is combined, turn on the heat, and bring the cheese sauce to a simmer while stirring constantly.
- Let simmer for about 2 minutes until the sauce is stretchy.
- Enjoy immediately! You can use this cheese sauce everywhere: nachos, crackers, pizza, mac and cheese, baked potatoes, quesadillas, fries, and more.
Store the sauce in the fridge for up to 4 days. It will change the texture and thicken once chilled. To thin it out again, simply reheat in a saucepan and whisk in 1-2 tbsp milk if needed.
Ingredients for Extra Crispy Baked Onion Rings:
- 1 large sweet onion
- olive oil spray
For the dry mix:
For the wet mix:
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix together the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Slice the onion to make rings that are about 3/4 of an inch wide. Carefully separate the rings from each other.
- One at a time, take each ring and dip it into the wet mix. Then dip it into the dry. Coat it well, but make sure to tap all the excess back into the bowl. Place the ring on the baking tray.
- When all the rings are coated, spray the rings with olive oil. Flip them over and spray the other side.
- Pop them into the oven. Check them after 10 mins and flip them over. Cook for an additional 5 mins or so.
- Serve the onion rings with your favorite dipping sauces for a delicious and healthy appetizer or use as a burger topper to add an extra element.