- — Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — One of the healthiest sprouting seeds
- — High Germination Rate
- — Gluten, Cholesterol and Sugars Free
- — Good source of Iron and Copper
Organic Fenugreek seeds are one of the healthiest Indian spices used in cooking. Organic Fenugreek seeds are a valuable source of minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients. Moreover, the seeds are an excellent origin of soluble dietary fiber. Soaking the seeds in water makes their outer coat soft and gummy.
100 g of seeds provide 24.6 g or over 65% of dietary fiber. This prized spice is an excellent source of minerals like copper, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, zinc, manganese, and magnesium. Moreover, potassium is an essential component of cell and body fluids.
It helps control heart rate and blood pressure by countering action on sodium. Furthermore, iron is necessary for red blood cell production. It’s also rich in many vital vitamins that are essential nutrients for optimum health, including thiamin, pyridoxine (vitamin B6), folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin A, and vitamin-C. Therefore, these seeds are a must in your pantry; there are plenty of ways to use them in your daily meal plan.
Fenugreek is one of the main ingredients in curry powder. Additionally, sprouted fenugreek seeds are mainly used in salads, dips, fillings, etc.
How to Sprout Fenugreek Seeds at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!