- — Kosher, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Adzuki Beans are rich in nutrients that can improve digestion and your overall wellness
- — This bean contains 100% daily value of molybdenum, which serves as a tremendous macrobiotic that can aid in detoxification
- — Our beans contain minerals like zinc, copper, and magnesium; they are also a great source of dietary fiber, protein, and phosphorus
- — Adzuki Beans are cholesterol, sodium, and sugar-free. Whether you boil and infuse or grind and sprinkle them, these nutrient-rich beans are perfect for your next baking project
- — Dried Adzuki Beans also are great for sprouting
Adzuki beans are delicious, but they are more than that. They are also perfect for your health and are such a great source of essential nutrients that they should be included in every vegetarian’s diet. These beans originated from China and are extremely popular in many Asian countries. They are cooked for special occasions and loved for their unique taste.
Adzuki Beans Health Benefits
Like all other legumes, adzuki beans are highly nutritious and offer quite a few health benefits. Some of them are:
- Promotion of your digestive health
The beans are rich in fiber. Therefore, they can strengthen your gastrointestinal tract and help you maintain a healthy digestive function. Consuming a healthy dose of dietary fiber also allows you to control your blood glucose levels.
- Providing you with proteins
Proteins are essential for your health. They provide your body with building blocks necessary for repairing tissues. As cells die and are replaced every day, the importance of protein really cannot be measured. Adzuki beans provide you with large amounts of proteins that are easy to absorb. They are a perfect addition to vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Breast cancer prevention
Some of the chemicals that these beans contain help destroy breast cancer cells thereby, reducing the rate of the tumor’s growth. Eating them on a regular basis increases your body’s resistance to this deadly disease.
- Treatment of bladder infections
The large amount of soluble fiber in adzuki beans helps soothe the symptoms and treat bladder infections in both men and women.
- Controlling your cholesterol levels
These beans help lower the level of “bad” cholesterol and remove the clots in your arteries promoting your cardiovascular health.
How to Sprout Adzuki Beans at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of beans, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix beans up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow beans to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the beans into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!