- — Raw, Vegan
Ingredients for Easy Vegan Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium-sized pot.
- Once everything is combined, turn on the heat, and bring the cheese sauce to a simmer while stirring constantly.
- Let simmer for about 2 minutes until the sauce is stretchy.
- Enjoy immediately! You can use this cheese sauce everywhere: nachos, crackers, pizza, mac and cheese, baked potatoes, quesadillas, fries, and more.
Store the sauce in the fridge for up to 4 days. It will change the texture and thicken once chilled. To thin it out again, simply reheat in a saucepan and whisk in 1-2 tbsp milk if needed.