- — Vegan
- — Extra Coarse Topping
- — Packed with Minerals
- — Contains no additives or conditioners
Coarse sea salt is a natural product obtained directly from seawater. It offers plenty of health benefits that processed salt cannot give you. There is a lot of research that proves processed salt to be highly detrimental to your overall wellbeing. However, this product doesn’t have a negative effect on your health if consumed in moderation, so it becomes a safe alternative to this most popular of spices.
Coarse Sea Salt Health Benefits
Even though the amounts of coarse sea salt in your food will be minuscule, it can do you much good as its nutrients are highly concentrated. It has so many of them that adding just a bit of this salt to your food will make your body h3er by increasing your natural defenses. Besides a major impact on your immune system, sea salt offers the following health benefits:
- It might support weight loss. Sea salt triggers the production of digestive juices. Therefore, it helps your body digest food faster, which helps to control weight gain and prevents constipation and other unpleasant digestive disorders.
- It helps in treating some skin conditions. You can not only eat coarse sea salt but put it in your bath water as well. It will help with the treatment of eczema, psoriasis, body acne, and other similar conditions. A bath like this opens up the pores, reduces inflammation, improves blood circulation, and promotes healing.
- It helps relieve the symptoms of asthma. According to some people, sprinkling a bit of sea salt on your tongue and drinking a glass of water right after can help in an asthma attack just as much as using an inhaler can. While it’s not an accepted treatment method, you can use this approach to find a suitable medication unavailable. The anti-inflammatory effect of sea salt slows down phlegm production, making it easier to breathe.
- It reduces the risk of osteoporosis. Your body stores over 1/4 of the salt you consume in the bones. Therefore, adding coarse sea salt to your meals will help you maintain bone density.
- It helps relieve muscle spasms Sea salt contains large amounts of potassium, which helps relieve and prevent muscle pains and spasms.
- It alleviates depression Sea salt helps your body retain serotonin and melatonin. Both these hormones make you feel happier and help keep depression at bay.