- — Kosher, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
Flaxseed is one of the healthiest types of seeds since they are loaded with nutrients that are easy to absorb and process. As they rarely cause an allergic reaction you can add them to your diet safely, there will be no side effects. People discovered the many benefits of these seeds thousands of years ago. Many customers appreciate flaxseed for its oil, which has as many health benefits and therefore you should add it to a variety of dishes.
Brown Flaxseed Health Benefits
Flax seeds are perfect for your health due to a variety of reasons that include:
- They are an excellent source of omega-three fats
Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for your health. Most importantly, they have an uncanny ability to fight and prevent inflammation. Because the vast majority of diseases are either caused or aggravated by inflammation, increasing your intake of these essential for your overall wellbeing. A single spoonful of oil derived from these seeds will provide you with 8 g of omega-three fats, which makes flax seeds one of the most abundant plant sources of this particular group of fatty acids.
- They are rich in B vitamins
Flax seeds contain large amounts of all essential B-complex vitamins. These elements play a significant part in your metabolism and affect every process within your body since a deficiency in certain groups of B vitamins increases the risk of congenital disabilities, neurological disorders, and beriberi disease.
- Loaded with dietary fiber
One of the main reasons why flax seeds are an essential part of almost every weight loss program is the large amount of dietary fiber they contain. Therefore, eating them helps improve your digestion and cleanse your intestines from toxins.
How to Sprout Flaxseed at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!