- — Kosher, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — High Germination Rate
- — High Purity, Premium Quality
Alfalfa seeds are very nutritious because they can boast of having a great supply of vitamins and minerals. Alfalfa sprouts are even more popular and are widely used as an ingredient in different sandwiches, salads, and soups. Moreover, you can drink the juice of these sprouts or make a smoothie from them.
Health Benefits of Alfalfa Sprouts
- Protect from cancer
Canavanine, which is found in the seeds in abundance, is very good at treating different kinds of cancer like leukemia and tumors.
- Support cardiovascular health
Some plant steroids found in the sprouts have anti-irritant characteristics which help to lessen arterial lipidosis. Therefore, heart strokes may be prevented.
- Improve body’s defense system
Juice from sprouted alfalfa seeds contains saponins that stimulate the immune system.
- Keep blood glucose level under control
Scientists have noticed a correlation between eating alfalfa seeds sprouts and a slight decrease in blood glucose level. Thus, the sprouts may be a natural remedy for managing diabetes.
- Strengthen the bones
Evidence is showing that plant-derived estrogen-like chemicals contained in the sprouts make your bones stronger.
- Help in losing weight
Besides having a nice taste, the sprouts are not high in calories. In addition, they are rich in food fiber and proteins that can help you control your body mass.
- Delay the aging process
Radical catchers are known to be effective in preventing damage to the cells. Alfalfa sprouts are a great source of such elements.
How to Sprout Alfalfa Seeds at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!