- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, and Sodium
- — Good source of Protein, Iron, Phosphorus, Copper, Dietary Fiber, Folate and Manganese
- — Country of Origin: USA
Spelt Berries (another name Emmer, Dinkel wheat or Hulled wheat) is an ancient grain crop whose first finds date back to the 6th and 5th millennium BC. At one time, Spelt was unjustly forgotten because of the wheat, which gave more abundant yields. It is believed that Spelt less whimsical in the process of growing and has excellent beneficial properties as compared with wheat.
Organic Spelt Berries good source of Protein, Iron, Phosphorus, and Copper, it is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Folate, and Manganese. It also contains Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, Thiamin, Niacin, Zinc, Selenium, and other useful vitamins and minerals.
Organic Spelt, due to its low-calorie content, high content of fiber and vegetable proteins, is the perfect choice for people leading an active lifestyle, vegetarians, or people who are on weight management diet.
As a rule, Spelt Berries used for cooking soups, various kinds of porridges, salads, you can even germinate Spelt grains at home.
Organic Spelt is best kept in a sealed package in a cool dark place; your kitchen cabinet is perfect for this purpose.
You should also know that Organic Spelt Berries, like many kinds of cereal, contains gluten. Thus, people with the inadmissibility of this substance should avoid consuming Organic Spelt Berries.
How to Sprout Spelt Berries at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!