- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Vegan
- — Pumpkins Seeds are 100% organically grown without pesticides, additives, or GMO enhancements
- — You can add our Pepitas to your favorite dish for a distinctive flavor
- — The best source of plant-based protein and dietary fibers
- — Organic Pumpkin Seeds in Shell are full of healthy minerals such as iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and antioxidant-like compounds. These seeds are alkaline-forming and can help you build strong bones and improve your cognitive functions
Organic Pumpkin Seeds in Shell: Benefits and Uses
If you want to enjoy seeds with a rich nutty flavor and which give you a nutritional boost, Organic Pumpkin Seeds in Shell from Food to Live are exactly what you need. This product is versatile, but you can also eat the seeds just as they are out of the pack. You can be sure of an enjoyable experience because the seeds are delicious even without adding any spices or seasonings.
Adding pumpkin seeds to your meals will benefit your whole body because they are one of the most nutritious foods you can find. They serve as an excellent plant-based source of fiber and protein, as well as of good fats. Most importantly, they are rich in essential nutrients, including those less commonly available such as vitamin K and zinc.
How to Eat Organic Pumpkin Seeds in Shell
You can eat Organic Pumpkin Seeds from Food to Live straight from the pack, peeling each and every seed individually. But be warned – it is a time-consuming process because those hulls can be stubborn.
If you want to add a bit more flavor, you can make organic roasted and salted whole pumpkin seeds. Simply toss them in oil with some salt and roast for a couple of minutes. Be sure to watch the seeds carefully though because they burn fast.
If you want to remove the hulls quickly from a large serving of organic pumpkin seeds in shell, crack them lightly with a rolling pin and then place them in a pot of boiling water. Boil for five minutes before draining and let the seeds cool and dry. The shells will be mostly peeled off by this time.
Store organic pumpkin seeds in an airtight container. They will last for about three months at room temperature, but can keep for well over a year in the fridge or freezer. Watch out for the rank smell, which indicates that the seeds have gone bad.