- — Kosher, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — High Germination Rate
- — High in Vitamins C
- — Gluten, Cholesterol and Sugars Free
Radish seeds and sprouts have been used in Chinese medicine for hundreds of years. Even today, those who practice it recognize the value of these seeds and sprouts. The healing power of this herb is truly incredible. Sprouts grown from these seeds are delicious and can be a great addition to many salads and some other dishes.
Radish Seeds Health Benefits
The healing power of radish seeds is exceptionally high. The most important health benefits offered by both seeds and sprouts are:
- Lowering blood pressure Radish seeds contain flavonoids (anthocyanins). These elements decrease blood pressure and have a strong positive effect on the cardiovascular system in general. Therefore, they do not only help with hypertension but also reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Cleansing your liver The liver is a natural filter that protects our bodies. The toxins from food and the environment poison it and reduce the efficiency of this filter. Radish seeds remove the excess bilirubin from your liver and control its production. They also flush toxins out of your body. Therefore, they can be used in a treatment program for jaundice and detox.
- Improving digestion Radish is a great natural source of fiber. Its and the herb’s anti-inflammatory properties allow it to influence your digestive system. Seeds of Radish seeds relieve indigestion and constipation. By extension, these effects assist in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
How to Sprout Radish Seeds at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy Your Homemade Sprouts