- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Box Content: Organic Mung Beans (8-oz bag), Organic Adzuki Beans (8-oz bag), Organic Whole Red Lentils (8-oz bag), Organic Garbanzo Beans (8-oz bag), Organic Whole Green Peas (8-oz bag)
Organic Mung Beans are excellent for you. They are rich in nutrients and make one of the best sources of plant proteins. They contain little fats and sugars, but a lot of fiber. Therefore, they support heart health and promote healthy digestion. This product is extremely versatile, cooking-wise, and you can include it in savory and sweet recipes. You can also use them to make mung bean flour, a valuable ingredient for gluten-free baking.
Apart from being a natural sweetener, Organic Adzuki beans provide plenty of benefits to those who include them in their regular diet. Rich in nutrients and useful elements, they help prevent and solve many health issues. Besides, if you buy the organic product that we offer at our store, you will enjoy twice as many advantages of adzuki. Products of a natural origin preserve all their healthy properties, while at the same time lack the damage from chemicals commonly applied to natural products.
The nutritional value of Organic Red Lentils remains almost the same regardless of their type, so the only real differences between them are flavors. Note that colors also indicate how well the legume will keep shape when cooked. Red lentils have a sweet, nutty tang to them and don’t hold shape at all.
Organic garbanzo beans are incredibly nutritious and have a rich nutty flavor. It’s not surprising that they are one of the favorite types of legumes worldwide. Food To Live Organic Garbanzo Beans are 100% non-GMO, free of toxins, and are grown using eco-friendly farming practices. Our product is easy to cook, keeps it well, and is safe to eat on almost any diet.
Green peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables. It’s rich in health benefiting nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants. Peas are relatively low in calories in comparison with beans, and cow-peas. 100 g of green peas provide only 81 calories.
How to Sprout Beans at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of beans, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix beans up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow beans to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the beans into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!