- — Kosher, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Hard Red Spring Berries
- — High Germination Rate, Best for Wheatgrass
- — High in Magnesium, Iron, and Vitamin B-6
Wheat is one of the essential grains globally and is the one most widely consumed in America. Wheat berries are kernels of this plant. They are very similar to barley and can be either cooked or sprouted. If you choose the latter route and grow the seeds for 7-10 days in the dark, they will produce wheatgrass. Its juice has a significant number of healing properties and helps with the prevention of many diseases. Regardless of how you choose to consume these berries, they will significantly benefit your health. The rich flavor makes this grain a great addition to many dishes.
Eating wheat berries is right for you regardless of the overall state of your health and dietary preferences. Vegans and vegetarians can benefit from these grains more than meat-eaters because the kernels are exceptionally rich in protein. Like all other seeds, they also provide your body with dietary fiber, making them a great energy source. The most significant benefits of eating wheat berries in any form, including wheatgrass juice, are:
- They are a valuable source of nutrition As wheat berries are unprocessed kernels, they contain all the nutrients that this plant has to offer. In essence, they provide you with almost all essential vitamins and minerals and fiber and protein. Consuming even little wheat berries derived products every day will help you maintain a well-balanced diet. They are especially useful to people who suffer from vitamin B deficiency.
Health Benefits of Wheat Berries
- They help treat diabetes Diabetes treatment is a complex and lengthy process that is significantly affected by your diet. One of the essential properties of wheat berries is their ability to lower blood sugar levels. This both reduces the risk of developing diabetes and assists in the treatment of this condition.
- They lower cholesterol Due to dietary fiber’s high content, these grains help bind and remove “bad” cholesterol from your body, cleansing your arteries and reducing the risk of heart disease. It also makes this particular type of grains an excellent help for the patients who suffer from hypertension.
- Support your immune system Phytochemicals in these grains assist in neutralizing carcinogens and flushing them from your body. A boost of the essential vitamins and minerals you receive when eating wheat berries strengthens your immune system and increases your resistance to colds, flu, and even reduces the chances of developing allergic reactions.
- They are great for detox In general, Grains are an excellent addition to any detox program because they contain fiber that absorbs harmful elements from your body and removes them safely and efficiently. This process helps normalize bowel movement and improves the overall condition of your digestive system.
How to Sprout Wheat Berries at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
- Enjoy your home-made sprouts!