- — Non-GMO, Kosher, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Pitted Cherries
- — Good source of Dietary Fiber
Ingredients for Red Rice with Spinach and Dried Cherries:
- Combine the red rice, 2 cups water, and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes*.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and dried cherries; cook, stirring, until the onion is golden brown, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir the prepared rice into the onion mixture. Add the baby spinach and orange juice and stir until the spinach is just wilted for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
* To speed up the process, you dunk the grains in a bowl with water for 12 hours; using this trick, the cooking time can be reduced by 20-25 minutes.