- — Raw Whole Kernels
- — Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher
- — Cholesterol Free
- — Very Low in Sodium, Unsalted
- — Very Good Source of Thiamin, Vitamin B6
- — Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper, Manganese
- — Selenium, and Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol)
Organic sunflower seeds are a great source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and proteins. This product is grown without the use of pesticides and chemical fertilizers, and it does not contain synthetic food additives and preservatives. You can enjoy these delicious kernels just as a snack or use them in your cooking to improve the taste of your usual dishes. They will complement many of your salads and meat dishes and give zest to your bakery.
Health Benefits of Sunflower Seeds
- Due to its high content of oleic and linoleic acids, organic sunflower seeds can help reduce blood sugar and boost metabolism. They are also very high in phytosterols, an essential class of antioxidants, which help you reduce cholesterol and have a positive effect on your immune system. Among the nuts and seeds that we usually consume, sunflower kernels show the best results in phytosterols content (270-289 mg/100 g).
- Organic sunflower seeds are an incredible source of protein. 1 oz (28g) of the seeds can provide 12% of the protein you need every day. The product is very useful for kids as they need protein for muscle growth and repair.
- B vitamins, which are contained in organic sunflower seeds, have a positive effect on the nervous system and help with calming down. Vitamins of this group also help in the production of red blood cells.
- Due to its content of vitamin E, organic sunflower seeds can even reduce the risk of colon cancer and heart attack. This vitamin also has anti-inflammatory effects and can help prevent diabetic complications and developing atherosclerosis.
- As an excellent source of magnesium and selenium, organic sunflower seeds reduce the risk of cancer, heart attacks, and strokes, as well as migraine headaches.
- Sunflower kernels are rich in vegetable protein that is known to lower blood pressure levels. Studies show that animal protein does not have this effect. Include sunflower seeds in your everyday diet and feel the difference in the state of your health.
Order our premium quality GMO-free sunflower seeds today!
How to Sprout Sunflower Seeds at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!