- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Free of Cholesterol & Sodium
- — Very Low in Saturated Fat
- — Good Source of Dietary Fiber, Calcium, Iron, Proteins
If you think that a healthy sweetener doesn’t exist, you haven’t tried mesquite powder. This product used to be a staple food of the indigenous peoples who inhabited the southwest of America. They used it as both baking flour and sweetener for other foods. Organic Mesquite Powder from Food To Live brings back this traditional, nutrient-dense food so that everyone can enjoy it. Our organic raw mesquite powder is made by pulverizing the edible seedpods of the mesquite tree. It contains no additives, pesticides, insecticides, or any other potentially toxic elements. The calorie count of mesquite powder is low for a sweetener so that you can include it in any diet.
Organic Mesquite Powder: Benefits
The most important health benefits of mesquite powder are its ability to prevent sudden glucose spikes and high nutritional content. Mesquite beans are about 40% protein, and whole pods contain more valuable vitamins and minerals. However, the overall protein content of the powder is quite high. It means that vegans, vegetarians, athletes, and bodybuilders can increase the number of essential amino acids in their meals. Mesquite powder is an excellent ingredient for protein shakes you take to the gym. This food is also high in soluble dietary fiber. It makes it both heart-friendly and good for detox.
Mesquite: Side Effects and Quantities
There is no limit to how much mesquite powder you can eat per day or serving. Of course, you should remember that overeating is always harmful and that this food is a sweetener. It contains fructose, which is a ‘healthier’ kind of sugar. However, it’s still sugar, and thus, you should consume it in reasonable amounts. The risk of mesquite powder allergy is low, and its glycemic index is very low.
5 Ways to Use Mesquite Powder
Despite its seeming simplicity, this powder is a rather versatile ingredient. Its sweet, nutty flavor allows including it in various dishes. Combine it with spices or other powders (maca, cacao) to create a fantastic mix of tastes, either savory or sweet. The simplest ways to use Food To Live Organic Mesquite Powder in your culinary exploits are:
- This product makes them tastier and would go best with green smoothies that are often lacking in appeal.
- Mesquite flour bread and cookies are naturally sweet, healthy, and don’t cause blood sugar spikes. This type of flour is gluten-free and can be mixed with other flours.
- Sweeten up your bowl of oatmeal in the morning with a bit of mesquite powder. You can also add it to granolas.
- Use the powder as a substitute for sugar in your coffee and tea.
- Raw baking. As mesquite flour doesn’t require cooking, it’s the best choice for raw recipes.
Organic Raw Powder: How to Store
The most important consideration for our Organic Mesquite Powder storage is humidity. It’s imperative to keep the product dry, so make sure it stays in an airtight container. You can store it in the fridge or your pantry.