- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Low in Cholesterol & Sodium
- — Very good source of Dietary Fiber
- — Contains Iron and Vitamin C
- — Good source of Protein
Coconuts have been a staple dietary ingredient in many island nations for years. Large, sweet, and nutty to the taste, both the flesh and the milk of coconuts are commonly consumed, either on their own or mixed into recipes. Our organic coconut chips are made by using hot air to dry finely chopped coconut pulp. They offer a mildly sweet, nutty addition to your favorite recipes. Coconut chips are often used in sweet recipes such as cookies and macaroons, but can also be folded into salads to add a unique, sweet flavor.
Nutrition Value of Organic Coconut Chips
A food low in cholesterol and high in fiber, organic coconut chips are a great item to incorporate into your healthy diet. They are packed with a unique blend of vitamins and minerals to keep your body at its optimal performance. They are also a source of healthy, natural fats, and are completely devoid of trans fats. Here’s just some of what organic coconut chips have to offer:
- Cholesterol Free: Though all bodies need some cholesterol to make hormones, too much cholesterol can build up within the arteries, leading to increased risk of serious complications like heart attack and stroke. Because most modern diets are already high in cholesterol, focusing on consuming more low-cholesterol and cholesterol-free foods can help you reduce your risk of these serious conditions.
- Low Sodium: Sodium is an electrolyte, and though it’s necessary to keep your body’s fluid balance in order, it, like cholesterol, has made its way into far more modern foods than it should. In high doses, sodium can increase blood pressure and lead to heart disease and, in pregnant women, pre-eclampsia.
- Dietary Fiber: Dietary fiber is a key component for maintaining a healthy diet. This is because it promotes your digestive system to work at maximum capacity. Not only can this relieve symptoms such as constipation, but it can also help you maintain a healthy weight and even reduce your risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Protein: Like most nuts, coconuts provide a healthy source of plant-based protein and can be neatly incorporated into vegan and vegetarian diets as an additional protein source. The importance of plant-based protein cannot be stressed enough. Protein is important for all systems in the body. It helps muscles, including the heart, grow and rebuild when damaged. It’s also used to help build bones, skin, and blood, as well as to help your body create the hormones it needs on a daily basis.
Organic Coconut chips do not contain gluten so that people with its intolerance can consume them.
Organic Coconut Chips Usage and Storage
You can use organic coconut chips for desserts, cocktails, cakes, pastries, ice cream and baked goods. They can additionally serve as an exciting addition to fruit or even vegetable salads. Also, they can be used as a quick and useful snack at work and on the road.
You should store organic coconut chips in a dark place at room temperature. After opening the pack, they should be consumed without delaying storage. Following contact with air and light, it is better to keep them in the refrigerator.