- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Gluten-Free, cholesterol-free, and sugar-free
- — High amount of Vitamins C and Vitamins A
- — Suitable for Sirtfood diet
Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables, so it’s no wonder that this plant’s seeds are also very beneficial to your health. They have recently become the object of many studies, and scientists determined that broccoli sprouts have extraordinary healing potential. For the first time, the sprouts were used in the 1970s. However, the real recognition came to them about 20 years later. In 1992, the researchers from the John Hopkins University discovered that broccoli sprouts contained glucoraphanin. Scientists managed to prove that this element possesses strong cancer-inhibiting properties. The real recognition came to broccoli seeds in 1997 through an article in the New York Times. This article explained the results of the study, which proved that broccoli sprouts contain 30-50 times more of this incredibly precious ingredient than mature plants.
Organic Broccoli Seeds Health Benefits
All sprouts have to offer is good for your health, so you won’t go wrong by adding them to your diet. However, organic broccoli seeds will provide you with sprouts that are truly incredible. The most important benefits they offer are:
- All cruciferous vegetables contain glucoraphanin. However, you’ll need to consume large amounts of mature plants to achieve the same effect as a handful of broccoli sprouts can provide. Eating so many of these veggies is dangerous for people who suffer from hypothyroidism and iodine deficiency. Sprouts, on the other hand, don’t trigger these adverse side effects.
- Organic broccoli seeds contain phytoestrogens. Therefore, they are very beneficial to women who often suffer from hormonal imbalances. If you need to increase your level of estrogen, include broccoli seeds in your diet.
- The sprouts contain sulforaphane. This ingredient possesses strong anti-bacterial properties that help with infections and inflammation. This effect is created because sulforaphane can inhibit Helicobacter pylori, a bacterium usually responsible for digestive disorders.
- Autism is a disorder that affects the way your brain processes information. Patients suffering from this condition usually develop severe gastrointestinal diseases. It is the reason that led some scientists to believe that autism triggered by the body’s response to toxic overload. Therefore, organic broccoli seeds can help relieve the symptoms of the disorder by fighting toxins in the gastrointestinal tract.
How to Sprout Broccoli Seeds at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!