- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Very Low in Cholesterol, Sodium, Saturated Fat
- — Good Source of Dietary Fiber, Manganese, Selenium, Сalcium, and Iron
- — Rich in Copper, Phosphorus, Magnesium, and Zinc
Organic Pearl Barley is one of the healthfullest grains you will find. It’s highly nutritious and provides a variety of well-being benefits. Besides being right for you, Organic Pearl Barley is also delicious, making it easy to include it in your meal plan. There is an abundance of recipes you can try out to broaden your diet and make it healthier. Pearl barley is the most popular form of barley. It is polished or “pearled” to remove the outermost hull (shell), as well as the bran layer. Pearl barley is not a whole grain.
Health Benefits of Organic Pearl Barley
Organic Grains must-have in any well-balanced diet. Although many of them maintain similar properties, and all of them are good for your health, some grains stand out due to some unique advantages they can offer. Organic Pearl Barley is one of them. The most crucial health perks of organic barley are:
- It controls blood sugar levels. Therefore, pearl barley is perfect for diabetics and people who fall into a high-risk group for developing this disease. This organic grain has a low glycemic index, so eating it helps increase insulin sensitivity and lowers your glucose level.
- It lowers your blood pressure. Organic Pearl Barley is rich in dietary fiber. Several studies conclude that eating a healthy amount of fiber daily helps stabilize blood pressure. It is also valuable for weight maintenance.
- While organic pearled barley isn’t particularly helpful in boosting the level of “good” HDL cholesterol, research has demonstrated that it effectively cleanses your arteries from its harmful counterpart, LDL cholesterol. Hence, consuming pearled barley lessens the risk of heart disease.
- It is an excellent grain to maintain a healthy diet. If your primary goal is weight loss, organic pearled barley is the best grain to eat. It needs more time to digest than other grains, so it allows you to feel satiated longer. full longer.