- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Very Low in Cholesterol, Sodium, Saturated Fat
- — Good Source of Dietary Fiber, Manganese, Selenium, Сalcium, and Iron
- — Rich in Copper, Phosphorus, Magnesium, and Zinc
Organic Pearl Barley is one of the healthiest grains you can find. It’s highly nutritious and provides a variety of health benefits. Aside from being right for you, Organic Pearl Barley is also delicious, which makes it easy to include it in your meal plan. There are plenty of recipes you can try out to diversify your diet and make it healthier.
Pearl barley is the most common form of barley. It is polished or “pearled” to remove the outermost hull (shell), as well as the bran layer. Pearl barley is not a whole grain.
Health Benefits of Organic Pearl Barley
Organic Grains must be a part of any well-balanced diet. Although many of them possess similar properties, and all of them are good for your health, some grains stand out due to some unique benefits they can offer. Organic Pearl Barley is one of them.
The most important health benefits of organic barley are:
- It helps you control the level of blood sugar. Therefore, pearl barley is perfect for diabetics and people who fall into a high-risk group for developing this disease. Because the number of people with type 2 diabetes has been continuously growing over the last decades, eating pearled barley at least twice a week, is a good idea for everyone. This organic grain has a low glycemic index, so eating it helps increase your insulin sensitivity and lowers the level of glucose.
- It lowers your blood pressure. Organic Pearl Barley is rich in dietary fiber. According to some studies, consuming a healthy amount of fiber daily helps normalize blood pressure. It is also useful for weight loss.
- It lowers your “bad” cholesterol levels. While organic pearled barley isn’t particularly helpful in boosting the level of “good” HDL cholesterol, research has proven that it can effectively cleanse your arteries from its harmful counterpart, LDL cholesterol. Therefore, eating pearled barley reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- It is a perfect grain for diet. If your primary goal is weight loss, organic pearled barley is the best grain to eat. It takes more time to digest than other grains, so it allows you to feel full longer.