- — Organic Black Beans, Organic Black-Eyed Peas, Organic Pearled Barley, Organic Navy Beans
- — Non-GMO, Kosher, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Rich in Dietary fiber and Protein
- — Good source of Copper and Manganese
This BEANlicious soup mix is the perfect combination of our favorite Organic Beans and Barley.
Black Bean Soup Mix Basic Cooking Instructions:
- Place 2 cups of Organic Black Bean Soup Mix into a fine-mesh strainer and rinse well.
- Place mix into a pot and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Let it soak overnight (8-12 hours).
- Drain the mix and rinse with cold fresh water before using it in a recipe.
Easy Veggie Soup Idea:
- In a large pot – heat olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 large chopped onion, 2 chopped carrots, and 3 cloves of chopped garlic. Cook, stirring frequently until onions are translucent and starting to brown (about 10 mins).
- Add 2 cups of pre-soaked Organic Black Bean Soup Mix, 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1 tsp of dried basil, 1 tbsp of ground chili powder, and a couple of bay leaves.
- Add 4.5 cups of vegetable broth to your mixture and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to boil, before reducing the heat to medium and letting the soup simmer for about 40 min, or until the beans are tender and creamy. Remove bay leaves.
- At this point, you can either keep the mix whole or puree using an immersion blender or traditional blender to your desired texture.
- Taste soup and season with salt and pepper according to your liking. Serve in bowls and garnish with lime wedges and parsley.
Tips for cooking Organic Black Bean Soup Mix in other recipes:
- No pre-soaking is required when using a slow cooker or a multicooker.
- To simply cook Organic Black Bean Soup Mix, and then add it to the desired recipe, follow steps 1-3 above, then place the mix into a large pot and fill with fresh water by 5 inches. Bring to boil, then cook for 45 mins – 1 hr. Add more water if necessary, so the mix stays under the liquid.
- For extra flavor, simmer Food to Live’s Soup Mix in vegetable broth, instead of water.
- Salt can interfere with the rehydration of the mix, thus we recommend adding it after the mix has already softened.
- If you’re using any acidic ingredients in your recipe (lemon juice, vinegar, or canned veggies), we recommend adding them after the mix has softened, as it also may restrain proper rehydration.
Easy Spicy Black Bean Soup