— Non-GMO, Kosher, Organic, Raw, Vegan
— Rich in Dietary fiber and Protein
— Good source of Copper and Manganese
This BEANlicious soup mix is the perfect combination of our favorite Organic Beans and Barley!
Black Bean Soup Mix Basic Cooking Instructions:
- Place 2 cups of Organic Black Bean Soup Mix into a fine mesh strainer and rinse well.
- Place mix into a pot and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Let it soak overnight (8-12 hours).
- Drain the mix and rinse with cold fresh water before using in a recipe.
Easy Veggie Soup Idea:
- In a large pot – heat olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 large chopped onion, 2 chopped carrots, and 3 cloves of chopped garlic. Cook, stirring frequently until onions are translucent and starting to brown (about 10 mins).
- Add 2 cups of pre-soaked Organic Black Bean Soup Mix, 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1 tsp of dried basil, 1 tbsp of ground chili powder, and a couple of bay leaves.
- Add 4.5 cups of vegetable broth to your mixture and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to boil, before reducing the heat to medium and letting the soup simmer for about 40 min, or until the beans are tender and creamy. Remove bay leaves.
- At this point, you can either keep the mix whole or puree using an immersion blender or traditional blender to your desired texture.
- Taste soup and season with salt and pepper according to your liking. Serve in bowls and garnish with lime wedges and parsley.
- Bon Appetit!
Tips for cooking Organic Black Bean Soup Mix in other recipes:
– No pre-soaking is required when using a slow cooker or a multicooker.
– To simply cook Organic Black Bean Soup Mix, and then add it to a desired recipe, follow steps 1-3 above, then place the mix into a large pot and fill with fresh water by 5 inches. Bring to boil, then cook for 45 mins – 1 hr. Add more water if necessary, so the mix stays under liquid.
– For extra flavor, simmer Food to Live’s Soup Mix in vegetable broth, instead of water.
– Salt can interfere with rehydration of the mix, thus we recommend adding it after the mix has already softened.
– If you’re using any acidic ingredients in your recipe (lemon juice, vinegar or canned veggies), we recommend adding them after the mix has softened, as it also may restrain proper rehydration.