- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Very Low in Cholesterol, Sodium and Saturated Fat
- — Good source of Protein, Vitamin A, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Phosphorus and Copper
- — Rich in Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Thiamin, and Manganese
Organic Green Peas provide your body with a significantly greater amount of useful elements. Due to their natural origins, they influence your body in a healthier way, while at the same time inflicting less harm to the environment.
Also known as garden peas, organic green peas are rich in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, all of which make this legume a very useful addition to your diet They offer many benefits, some of which you may find below.
Health Benefits of Organic Green Peas
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect.
Green peas are packed with various antioxidants and anti-inflammatory elements. They contain flavonoids, carotenoids, vitamins, acids, and minerals, all of which increase the soothing effect of this legume. If you consume peas regularly, you will increase your chances of avoiding oxidative stress or inflammations.
- Blood sugar control.
Protein and fiber contained in garden peas help reduce blood sugar spikes and improve the overall state of your blood system. Besides, when it comes to diabetes, green peas have proved to be efficient in controlling both blood sugar and insulin levels. This makes garden peas an essential ingredient in your diet if you are struggling with diabetes.
- Heart health maintenance.
Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as B vitamins, make green peas a rich source of support for your cardiovascular system. They will promote the strength and proper functioning of your blood vessels, which is vital for your heart’s work. The anti-inflammatory effect mentioned earlier also plays an important part in maintaining good heart health.
- Bones and brain support.
Being rich in vitamin K, garden peas play an important role in the mineralization of your bones. This vitamin promotes the development of proper bone structure from inside the bone cells. The same vitamin is useful in preventing the damage done to the nerves by diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Cooking Instructions for Green Pea Soup
- Green split peas, onions, carrots, potatoes, and celery
- Fresh herbs for garnish.
- Saute onion, carrots, and celery for 5 min.
- Bring meat to a boil – Add soup bones/meat, potatoes, water, bay leaves, and peppercorns.
- Use smoked paprika to season the soup.
- Cook soup for 1 – 1.5 hours or until split peas are soft and partially broken down.