- — Kosher, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Raw Kosher Beans
- — Sproutable Grade
- — Cholesterol and Gluten-Free
- — High in Fiber, Iron and Magnesium
Cranberry beans are invaluable for those who care for both delicious food and its nutritional properties. These beans have a sweet, nutty flavor and can serve as the ingredients for many dishes such as soups, vegetable salads, spreads, and stews. They successfully combine with cheese and pasta, olive oil and lemon, herbs, and spices. You can also use them as a healthy and nutritious snack.
Cranberry Beans Health Benefits
The distinguishing feature of cranberry beans is their high content of dietary fiber, protein, and minerals, — especially iron. Besides, they are rich in antioxidants, specific vitamins, and amino acids. No wonder that these beans have incomparable value for maintaining the body`s overall health.
Here are several examples of their beneficial influence on your health:
- Cranberry beans contain less than 2g (per 100g) of fat and almost no cholesterol. Moreover, their insoluble fiber reduces the cholesterol level in the blood. The beans are rich in potassium — which is vitally essential for the operation of the heart — and antioxidants that protect blood vessels.
- Their high content of folate – 190mcg, which ensures 90% of the daily requirement – it prevents cells of DNA from mutation. Insoluble fiber helps to cleanse the digestive tract and makes cranberry beans an excellent treatment for constipation.
- They add red color to your blood. Cranberry beans are rich in iron and copper—the minerals — which play an essential role in forming blood cells that transport oxygen throughout the body.
- Cranberry beans have a low glycemic index. The beans reduce sugar absorption in the blood due to the high amount of dietary fiber.
- They add to your energy and vigor. As an essential source of protein – about 45% of the daily requirements per 100g – Cranberry beans are wonderful energetics that eliminates fatigue and makes you healthy and more enduring.
- They aid in weight loss. Rich source of dietary fiber and complex carbohydrates, cranberry beans help manage weight loss. Insoluble fiber makes your diet more satiable without adding calories. Complex carbs also help suppress appetite.
How to Sprout Cranberry Beans at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of beans, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix beans up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow beans to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the beans into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!