- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Vegan
- — Good Source of Protein and Fiber
Italian short-grain rice often used to make risotto. Arborio rice has its name after the town it hails from, located in the Po Valley in northern Italy. Today, Arborio rice also grows in some regions in the United States.
Medium-grain white rice, if you look closely at an individual grain, you’ll see a little chip on one end. Arborio rice has starchy flavor, and an ability to take on the other flavors. Once cooked, it becomes chewy and creamy in texture. It makes it ideal not only for risotto but also for rice pudding.
It’s a great grain to incorporate into your kitchen, Arborio rice has a distinctly Italian feel to it, but that shouldn’t stop you from using it in all sorts of recipes. If you prefer creamier rice, the extra starch in Arborio rice will work in your favor. Arborio rice maintains that creamy texture without relinquishing its original texture. It gives you a unique blend of creamy rice that blends and a little al dente texture to the individual grains.
Organic White Arborio Rice: Nutrition Information
Believe it or not, the extra starch in Arborio rice does not mean extra carbohydrates. The nutritional content of Arborio rice is similar to that of long-grain white rice. Though, as a grain, it is high in carbohydrates, Arborio rice also contains protein and fiber, as well as a bit of iron. It makes it a great nutritional source for those enjoying vegetarian or vegan diets.
- Carbohydrates: Despite what modern diet fads would have you believe, carbohydrates are not the enemy. In fact, are a necessary component of a healthy diet. At their most basic level, carbohydrates provide your body with energy. The problem is that many people rely on simple carbohydrates like sugar to provide that fuel. Instead, we should eat complex carbohydrates, like those found in Arborio rice. Complex carbohydrates take longer for the body to break down than simple carbohydrates, which keeps your body from crashing and craving more shortly after eating. It means that incorporating more complex carbohydrates into your diet while limiting simple carbohydrates is essential to enjoying a healthy lifestyle.
- Protein: There’s a reason we tell kids to eat their food to grow big and strong, but perhaps we should be more specific and say, “Eat your protein to grow big and strong.” Protein is one of the most important building blocks in your body, that builds and repairs bones, muscles, skin, blood, and even hormones. Arborio rice offers a rich, plant-based protein source.
- Fiber: Fiber helps regulate the body’s digestive system, ensuring that food digests the way it’s supposed to. This can help prevent constipation and bloating, but it can also help with the absorption of important vitamins and minerals, making it a key addition to any diet.
How to Store
After purchasing Organic Arborio Rice, we recommend pouring it into a sealed glass container. This will protect the product from moisture and keep it fresh.