- — Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — Free of Cholesterol
- — Very Low in Saturated Fat
- — Good Source of Dietary Fiber, Calcium, Iron
- — Unsulfured
A fresh papaya fruit brings in countless benefits other than its sweet natural flavor. The fruit is always a delicious treat at any time of the day and year. What makes this exotic fruit one of the world’s best? The papaya fruit was first written about in 1526 by Oviedo, A Spanish chronicler. Its delicious taste impressed buds of the great explorer, Christopher Columbus, to make him declare the fruit as “the fruit of angels.” Today, Brazil is still the number one exporter of papaya or commonly called pawpaw. You can find it in several varieties in other countries like Hawaii. However, the fruit only thrives in tropical countries, which makes them an exotic treat to have in colder-climate countries. The short shelf life of the fruit other than its limited availability to colder-climate countries is often the factor that stops people from enjoying its sweet flavor and nutritious benefits. The creation of the dried variety of fruits and nuts substantially resolved the problem. You can buy dried and cubed papaya anywhere at any time of the year enjoy this wonderful treat anytime and all the time if you store it in a cool, dry place.
Dried Papaya Health Benefits
What makes dried papaya an excellent food choice for everyone? Here are some of the reasons that compel people to go for dried papayas than any other dried fruit variety:
- It works great for the digestion. Papaya is an alkaline fruit which gives it a cutting-edge over many other fruits. Digestion improves with soluble food groups that can be compromised with the consumption of foods high in acid content.
- It is excellent snack food. Eaten as is, dried papaya is a fantastic snack food that is low in calories. The exotic sweetness of the fruit is in every bite and no shame.
- It is a healthy food choice to have in your fridge or pantry. Nowadays, people veer more on healthy food options. The rise of severe health conditions brought about by unhealthy food choices made people more aware. Dried papaya fulfills the requirements of being a healthy food choice, along with the attraction of tasting so good.
- It is a new food topper. Breakfast cereals, ice cream, and yogurt are so much more exciting when topped with dried papayas. Since it is low in sodium, cholesterol, and calorie content, it is a fantastic way to gain nutrition while enjoying a tasty treat.
In a nutshell
The dried papaya variety still packs in the goodness and richness found in the fresh fruit, due to the merciful process of the raw papaya variety. It is one of the best fruits which you can enjoy anytime and all the time.