- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Whole Raw Lentils
- — Very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, and Sodium
- — A Very Good source of Thiamin, Iron, Phosphorus, Manganese, Dietary Fiber, and Folate
- — Product of the USA
Cook with Organic Green Lentils for Delicious and Hearty Meals
If you are looking for a great source of fiber, minerals, and B vitamins that don’t take long to cook, Organic Green lentils are your new best friend. This food has all the benefits of legumes, it’s much easier to work with, and its delicious flavor makes it a fantastic ingredient for plenty of recipes. Whole Organic Green Lentils is a prevalent food because it’s affordable, nutritious, and delicious. You can easily incorporate this ingredient in the majority of the world’s cuisines and use them as a substitute for peas.
What’s the Difference Between French and Organic Green Lentils
Do not mix up Organic Green Lentils with French lentils. The latter is a sub-species of green lentils. The French variety is a bit smaller and more brownish-green. It’s also firmer and retains the shape better when cooked. However, Green Lentils remain firm enough to use in salads and similar dishes as well. Both have a pleasant peppery flavor, but French lentils also have nutty notes to them.
Delicious Ideas for Cooking Whole Green Lentils
When you buy organic green lentils bulk, you can be sure that this ingredient won’t sit long in your pantry. You can use it in stews, chilies, curry, and soups. Because whole organic green lentils retain their shape when cooked for about 20 minutes, you can also use them in light soups and salads. Don’t forget to make some lentil veggie burgers or even baking some dumplings stuffed with mashed green lentils.
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 cups of water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse lentils in a fine mesh strainer.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add lentils and water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Cover, and let simmer until tender, 20 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from lentils then season with salt and pepper and serve as desired.