- — Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — High in Iron and Calcium
- — Trans Fat, Cholesterol, Sugar & Gluten-Free
In Europe, celery seeds well known since the times of ancient Greece and Rome. Even during those times, the seeds were an indispensable ingredient in many recipes. Indian Ayurvedic physicians often used celery seeds for the removal of excess fluids from the body.
Celery seeds excellent to eat either dried or fresh. Not only do they serve as good seasonings in food preparation, but they can also be brewed in tea, all of which have a very favorable effect on the human body.
Celery Seeds Health Benefits
Celery seeds contain amino acids, zinc, iron, and flavonoids that have great health benefits. Some of the most important benefits are as follows:
- Slowing down the aging process
Celery seeds contain a unique set of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and acids that provide stability in cells.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling and pain around the joints. They also contain a diuretic substance that helps remove uric acid crystals formed around the joints.
- The excretion of uric acid
Celery seeds are useful for people with cystitis and other diseases of the bladder. They also help alleviate problems with the liver.
- Reducing blood pressure
They contain a chemical that reduces the level of stress hormones in the blood. This allows blood vessels to expand, thus reducing blood pressure. This, in turn, lowers the risk of hypertension, heart attack, and stroke.
- The presence of phthalides and polyacetylenes helps to neutralize carcinogens. Celery seeds also contain coumarins that have a beneficial effect on the blood.
- The strengthening of the immune system
Celery seeds are rich in vitamin C, which has been shown to strengthen the immune system.