- — Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — Whole Nuts, Unsalted, Shelled, Large Size
- — Very low in Cholesterol and Sodium
- — An excellent source of Manganese
- — Suitable for Sirtfood diet
Pecans are best described as “delicious.” This nut has a rich, sweet, buttery flavor that is impossible not to fall in love with. Pecans have been widely used by Native Americans for centuries and have become even more popular today. However, nowadays, they are more celebrated as a delicious snack than as a remedy as it was ages ago. Although, It doesn’t devalue that pecans are exceptionally beneficial for your health. They are very nutritious and boost your energy levels quickly. Like other nuts, they are higher in calories. However, pecans contain healthy fats, so the chances of your waistline growing from eating them are minuscule.
Pecans Health Benefits
The most important benefits you can get from including pecans in your diet are:
- Lowering blood cholesterol levels and keeping your heart intense High levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol is a major contributing factor to heart disease, stroke, and many other dangerous conditions that target your blood vessels. Pecans are loaded with oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that effectively boosts your level of “good” HDL cholesterol and cleanses your arteries from dangerous pollution.
- Removing toxins from your body and fighting free radicals Oxidation deals a significant amount of damage to your body on a cellular level. However, pecans contain substantial antioxidants, such as vitamin E, zeaxanthin, and ellagic acid. They protect your body from the strikes of free radicals and assist in removing toxins. As a result, it improves your overall health, slows down the process of natural aging, and reduces the risks of developing some severe diseases. The ellagic acid, in particular, can prevent certain carcinogens from binding to your DNA. Therefore, it boosts your body’s natural protection from cancers significantly.
- Reducing the risk of many health issues Pecans are full of essential nutrients. Therefore, eating them regularly will aid in not developing any severe deficiencies. Because it’s elemental deficiencies that are a significant risk factor for many diseases, eating these delicious nuts will significantly reduce your chances of developing these health problems.
Please note that pecans are nuts and can cause type-1 hypersensitivity in people allergic to them. Therefore, if you have a prior history of showing allergic reactions to any nuts, you should exercise caution.
Pecans taste great raw. If you like, you can salt or sweeten them to suit your taste without losing the product’s initial nutritional value. Due to their rich buttery flavor, pecans go great with desserts, especially ice cream sundaes. Pecan nut butter is a great spread to go with the bread. When processed this way, the nuts maintain a considerable amount of their original nutritional value. Unshelled nuts store for months in a cool, dry place. However, their shelled counterparts should be kept in an airtight sealed container inside a refrigerator.