- — Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — Low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol and Sodium
- — Good source of Selenium and Manganese
- — Country of Origin: USA
Benefits of Long-Grain Brown Rice
Long-Grain Brown Rice is a whole grain, so it’s more nutritious than white rice. This grain still contains bran and seed, meaning the content of fiber and minerals is higher. Let’s look at 100g cooked brown rice content; it has over 1.5g more fiber than cooked white rice. This grain also adds some zinc, iron, and B vitamins to your meal plan.
If you buy Long-Grain Brown Rice in bulk, you can enjoy it in every dish that requires grains. It tastes fantastic in pilafs, curries, stir-fry, and various side dishes. It has a deliciously nutty flavor with a bit of sweetness, making every meal just a bit more special.
Long-Grain Brown Rice: How to Cook
You can cook long-grain brown rice using a rice cooker, instant pot, or over the stovetop. Soak the grain for a minimum of two hours before cooking.
For the stovetop, use a 2:1 water to grain ratio and let the pot simmer with the lid closed. Once all the water is absorbed, remove the pot from the heat, uncover, and leave for ten more minutes.
If using a rice cooker, follow the device’s instructions for cooking time and use 2 ¼ cups water for every cup of grain.
- The recipe calls for 6 cups of water per cup of rice.
- For this technique, you’ll boil your rice in an abundance of water for 30 minutes.
- Drain off the excess water.
- Return the rice to the pot, cover.
- Let the rice steam for 10 minutes.
- Ta da! Perfect brown rice, every time.
1 servings per container
Serving size1 oz (28 g)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total carbohydrate 22g
Dietary fiber 1g
Total sugars 0.2g
Includes 0g Added Sugars
Vitamin D 0mcg
Vitamin B6 0.1mg
Pantothenic Acid 0.3mg
Vitamin E 0.2mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Ingredients: LONG GRAIN BROWN RICE
Storage Time: Up to 1.5 years
Country of Origin: Vietnam
Packaged in: the USA
Store in: Cool, Dry Place
Allergy Info: Packaged in a Facility That Also Processes Tree Nuts and Wheat
Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including Arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food
Additional PROP 65 information can be found here