- — Non-GMO, Organic, Vegan
- — Very Low in Cholesterol, Sodium, Saturated Fat
- — Good Source of Dietary Fiber, Сalcium, and Iron
- — Country of Origin: USA
Freekeh is an ancient grain rooted in the Middle Eastern tradition of roasting young green wheat. The roasted grain has a nutty flavor and chewy texture that provider innovative meal options that are in demand.
Freekeh has a chewy texture and a nutty flavor that resonates with the plant-based foodie because Freekeh is a nutrient-dense ancient grain. Freekeh is a good source of protein (6g per 40g serving) and fiber (4g per 40g serving) making it more nutritious than brown rice, bulgur, and similar grains.
Freekeh is a versatile super grain that cooks perfectly in soups, pilafs, salads, stir-fries, and stews, or can be stone-ground into flour for baking purposes. Whether you are looking for a plant-based vegetarian or vegan option, or to feature a unique grain in your culinary masterpieces; Freekeh is the smart choice.
Freekeh cooks like rice. Freekeh has a chewy texture that holds its tooth, even after a couple of days in the refrigerator – it will not congeal like rice or quinoa when stored after cooking.
- Whole Freekeh has the texture of a wheat berry
- Smoky and Nutty Flavor
- Recommended use: Vegan and Vegetarian Dinner, cold salad, soup, or as a unique side to any Middle Eastern inspiration