$3.17 – $15.98 lb
- — Pumpkin Seeds are the best source of plant-based protein and dietary fibers
- — You can add our Pepitas to your favorite dish for a distinctive flavor
- — Pumpkin Seeds are full of healthy minerals such as iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc
- — Pumpkin Seeds are also full of antioxidant-like compounds. These seeds are alkaline-forming and can help you build strong bones and improve your cognitive functions
Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, are a widespread product consumed all over the world today. They deserve their popularity thanks to the numerous benefits they offer. Pepitas contain health-supportive phytosterols, antioxidant nutrients, and provide your body with lots of protein and minerals.
We offer unsalted and shelled seeds which will make a perfect snack on their own or will complement your dishes with their flavor and numerous health benefits.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
Pepitas benefit your well-being in many different ways:
- Rich source of minerals.
Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc that sustain your immune system, benefit cell production, and generally improve your day-to-day activities. If you consume pepitas regularly, you will enjoy better sleep and improved moods. Moreover, the high content of zinc will help you overcome immunity-related diseases like colds and flu, fight depression and fatigue, and overcome lack of concentration. Pepitas also contain manganese that is very beneficial for your skin and bones.
- Antioxidant effect.
These seeds are a unique product, for not only do they boast a considerable amount of antioxidant nutrients, but also a great variety of them. For example, you may find five types of antioxidant vitamin E in pumpkin seeds, which is a rare case even among the healthiest natural products.
- Heart health.
Thanks to the magnesium contained in them, pepitas sustain the health of your cardiovascular system and improve blood pressure, preventing health problems such as strokes, cardiac arrests, and heart attacks.
- Solution to men’s prostate issues.
Their high content of zinc makes pumpkin seeds an irreplaceable product in a man’s diet, for this element considerably benefits prostate health.
- Postmenopause relief.
Pepitas are beneficial for both men and women. They are known to alleviate the effects of menopausal symptoms such as headaches, joint pains and hot flashes.
- Antimicrobial effect.
Pepitas are famous for their antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal properties, for they contain lignans such as medioresinol, lariciresinol, and pinoresinol, as well as unique proteins.
- Natural food for cirrhosis patients.
Cirrhosis patients may find a lot of useful qualities in pumpkin seeds, as they naturally boost immunity thanks to their high level of vitamins and minerals. Moreover, because pepitas are so nutritious, they make a perfect snack for patients who often suffer from low appetite. In addition, these seeds help lower blood pressure, another great benefit for sufferers of this disease.
How to Sprout Pumpkin Seeds at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!
Do you want to buy our products with discount?
We send discount coupons for every holidays
Recommended postsNot available POST
Ingredients for the salad:
- Half of the thinly sliced red cabbage
- 8 oz baby arugula
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (or crushed almonds)
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- One sliced green apple (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Thinly slice the cabbage, mix in a large bowl with the arugula, pumpkin seeds (or crushed almonds) and pomegranate seeds. If you are using the green apple, please cut it in thin slices and add it to the salad too.
- In a separate small container mix together the olive oil, lime juice and grated ginger. Dress the salad just before serving and enjoy!
We also have