- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Very Low in Cholesterol, Sodium, Saturated Fat
- — Good Source of Dietary Fiber, Manganese, Selenium, Contains Сalcium and Iron
Certified Organic Hulled Barley from Food To Live offers you all the benefits of this grain. People have been cultivating Barley for over 10,000 years, and during this time, they’ve come up with many uses for it. The whole grain is delicious and highly nutritious. Today you can enjoy Organic Barley Flour, cereal, and Malted Barley, which is a natural sweetener. Hulled Barley, commonly known as barley groats, is a form of whole-grain Barley that’s minimally processed, removing only the sturdy inedible outermost hull (shell). When the hull is removed, bran remains in place, keeping the grains whole.
Is Organic Hulled Barley Good for You
Organic Barley is one of the best whole grains you can find. It’s rich in fiber, protein, and a variety of nutrients. It provides you with high amounts of Calcium, Zinc, Iron, B vitamins, Vitamin E, Vitamin K. Organic Barley grass also has lots of vitamin C and various phytonutrients. Therefore, any form of this grain can be perfect for your diet as it’s reasonably low in calories, it’s an excellent choice for a weight management plan. Please remember that organic Barley contains gluten. Therefore, you should avoid any products that contain it or an ingredient called “malt” if you are sensitive to this protein. Organic barley grass, on the other hand, is gluten-free. It means that you can enjoy barley juice as long as you make it yourself. This way, you can make sure the actual seed doesn’t get into the product.
Organic Barley Malt: Uses and Benefits
Organic Barley malt is a natural sweetener made from barley. To “malt” a grain means to soak it until it starts germinating and heat-dry right after. When this happens, the seed releases enzymes, which turn starches into sugars. Organic Barley malt powder is getting more popular as a “better” alternative to white sugar. The same with organic barley malt extract, which can be compared to maple syrup. Malted barley is also used for making beer, whiskey, candies, and a variety of beverages. Organic barley malt powder is a substitute for regular wheat flour in buns, cookies, and bread. It’s naturally sweet, so you can cut down on sugar when baking.
- Place 1 cup of Organic Hulled Barley into a saucepan. Add 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt.
- Over medium-high heat, bring it to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 50 min.
- Barley is done when the grain has absorbed almost all the water, expanded in size, and is soft.
- To make sure the liquid is fully absorbed, turn off the heat, stir the barley, cover and let it stand for another 5 to 10 min.