- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Suitable for Sirtfood diet
Organic Chia Seeds can give you a potent boost of essential vitamins and minerals as well as protein, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and other essential elements. This food is so nutritious some consider it a superfood. Chia seeds can be considered paleo due to their health benefits and nutritional value. However, it’s advised to include small amounts of seeds and watch your body’s reaction to them. Start with 1 spoonful a day. The seeds are gluten-free, so they are safe to use for everyone. Milled or ground seeds will make a great alternative to flour.
Organic Chia Seeds Nutrition Value
Organic Black Raw Chia Seeds from Food To Live are perfect for you because their nutritional value is tremendous. The elements they provide you with include but aren’t limited to Iron, Calcium, Zinc, Phosphorus, Manganese, Magnesium, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate. The seeds have protein (about 4.6 grams per ounce of seeds) and 9.6 grams of fiber. The seeds don’t go bad for years if you store them in a cool, dark, and dry place.
Benefits of Organic Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds weight loss diet is a healthy way to lose some extra pounds. The seeds will help you feel full, thus keeping your appetite under control.
- This food is heart-friendly in that it helps lower the levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol in the blood. It also provides you with omega-three essential fatty acids that improve your wellbeing as a whole.
- They help you maintain a healthy blood sugar level.
- Consuming some chia seed pudding, drink, or other dishes with this food every day can help prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking.
Chia Seeds Side Effects
Please note that omega-three fats, while incredibly good for your health, also have a mild blood-thinning effect. As black chia seeds provide you with a boost of this vital nutrient, you should be careful and warn your doctor about eating these seeds before a surgery. In some people, consuming large amounts of these seeds may lower blood pressure or cause bloating. Eat two tablespoons per day, and you should be safe as well as able to enjoy all nutritious benefits of chia seeds. People allergic to mustard and sesame seeds may also be allergic to this food.
Chia Seeds Recipes and Uses
You can make a variety of dishes out of chia seeds. A chia smoothie is the most popular way to consume this superfood. Put about one spoonful of seeds in your smoothie. There are dozens of other exciting recipes you can explore. You can sprinkle them on salads, desserts, and sandwiches, use in baking, add to stews, and even make some chia drinks. Chia seeds don’t have to be ground, but this way, they will be easier for the body to digest. Dogs can have these seeds so that you can mix some chia powder with pet food. However, add only a little and start slow to help your pet get used to the new product.