- — Free of Saturated Fat and Cholesterol
- — Does not contain Sodium and Sugar
- — Good source of Protein and Dietary Fiber
- — Rich in Iron and Calcium
Italian Pearled Farro: Ancient Grain for Your Table
Italian Pearled Farro is a delicious grain that’s directly related to wheat. It tastes delicious and provides you with essential nutrients, including zinc, iron, and vitamin B3. It’s also a good source of plant protein and fiber.
Please note that pearled Farro is not whole farro grain as it had its bran and germ removed during the hulling process. Therefore, this type of grain contains lower concentrations of nutrients.
How to Cook Italian Pearled Farro in 30 Minutes
Cooked pearled Farro has a pleasantly chewy texture and a distinctive nutty flavor. Due to its processing, this farro grain is easier to prepare. You can use it to make pilaf or other sides, as well as salads.
Soak Italian Pearled Farro for a few hours as this type doesn’t need to be soaked overnight. Then, please bring it to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes before draining. Use about five cups of water per one cup of farro grain.
- For 1 cup of farro, use 2.5 cups of water.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over your stovetop and add the rinsed grains.
- Cook until they become tender and chewy but still have an al dente bite. Approx 15 min.
- Next, drain the grains and transfer them to a baking sheet or large plate. Spread them into a single layer to cool and dry for 20 min.
- Skipping this step means that your grains will continue to steam, which can make them mushy.
1 servings per container
Serving size1 oz (28 g)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total carbohydrate 18g
Dietary fiber 2g
Total sugars 1g
Includes 0g Added Sugars
Vitamin D 0mcg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Ingredients: FARRO GRAIN
WARNING: Contains Wheat
Storage Time: Up to 1.5 years
Country of Origin: Italy
Packaged in: the USA
Store in: Cool, Dry Place
Allergy Info: Packaged in a Facility That Also Processes Tree Nuts, Wheat, and Sesame