- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol and Sodium
Organic Basmati Rice is a type of rice from India. Ground grains of basmati rice are transparent, creamy white. This variety has long and thin grains, which, after heat treatment, do not boil soft and retain their shape. It has a fantastic aroma, not only raw but also cooked. Due to its crumbly structure, Basmati rice is used to prepare many dishes. It serves as a perfect side dish, as well as an ingredient for salads and paella. You can also use this rice as the base for a variety of milk porridges, puddings, and desserts. It’s genuinely fantastic with saffron, nuts, dried fruit, and other spices to make deliciously sweet pilafs. Why not try to mix it with herbs, tofu, sesame, vegetables, mushrooms to make a veggie dinner for the whole family.
Cooking is easy:
- First, you should wash it in cool water. Repeat the procedure until the liquid remains clear.
- To boil the grain, it is necessary to put it in boiling water in proportion: 2 parts of water and 1 part of rice.
- You need to cook basmati for 5 minutes and then turn off the fire and leave it under the lid for another 20 minutes.
Do not open the lid during the entire cooking process. During cooking, rice increases the length by about 2-3 times. We like to add some butter to the cooked rice as it gives it a rich buttery taste and makes it super soft and delicious. Store in a cool, dry place, protected from light. Quick tip, if you end up with mushy and soggy rice, cover the pot with a lid, and place it on the stove for about 3 min on very low. Then, turn the stove off and leave the rice for another 5-7 minutes, and that should get rid of the extra moisture.