Cannellini Bean Stew
- 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes (drained weight of 150g)
- 2 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 400g tins of cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of ground chilli
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
Simply pour the beans into a colander, rinse them with water and then drain them before placing them in a large frying pan.
Next drain the sun-dried tomatoes in the colander and add them to the pan with the tins of tomatoes, tahini, crushed garlic, chilli, salt and pepper.
Allow the pan to heat for a few minutes until everything is nice and hot, then serve and enjoy!
Vegan Vegetable Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 leek (white only)
- 4 small potatoes
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 tin (400 g) cannellini beans
- 500 ml chicken stock (for Vegan replace with vegetable stock/broth)
- 1 litre tomato puree
- white pepper and salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Broccoli Sprout powder
1. Dice all the vegetables to roughly 2cm blocks.
2. In a large pot on high heat, start sweating off the hard vegetables like carrot, celery and onion in olive oil. After 3 minutes lower the heat to medium and add the garlic, leek, potato and beans and sauté for another 3 minutes. Season to taste (a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme may be added at this stage if desired).
3. Pour in chicken or vegetable stock, cannellini beans and tomato puree and bring to a simmer. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for a further 45 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli sprout powder and serve.
Optional: Garnish with freshly chopped basil.