- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Very Low in Cholesterol and Sodium
- — Rich in Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper and Manganese
Sesame seeds have been used in cuisine for thousands of years, and the healers of old included this incredibly nutritious ingredient in a high number of remedies. Today you can enjoy different delicious Organic Sesame Seeds in a variety of different ways, and every meal with them will benefit your health in many respects.
The Difference Between Black and White Sesame
- Seeds of black sesame seeds are consumed without removing the shell; their core is also black. White sesame seeds are realized in the purified form their core is white;
- Seeds of black sesame have a sharper flavor than white seeds;
- Seeds of white sesame due to their taste qualities are often used in the preparation of baked goods and sweets; black sesame is more suitable for the preparation of sauces, marinades and main dishes;
- Since the seeds of black sesame are not cleaned from the husks, they retain more useful substances. Semen black sesame seeds contain less protein and fat than white sesame seeds;
- Growing white sesame is prevalent mainly in Africa and Central Asia. Black sesame is grown in Southeast Asia in China and Japan.
Black Sesame Health Benefits
Black Sesame seeds, organic or otherwise, are incredibly rich in essential nutrients, which means they promote your general health and well-being. The most notable of their benefits include:
- They give you calcium
As far as plant-based foods go, black sesame seeds are one of the best natural sources of calcium. They are truly invaluable for vegans and vegetarians. Another great benefit of this particular food is that this type of calcium is more natural for the body to process.
This mineral is vital for maintaining bone health and strength as well as ensuring your hair and nails stay strong.
- They are rich in antioxidants
Raw black organic sesame seeds contain a variety of antioxidants that protect your body from the detrimental effects of free radical damage. Oxidation weakens every cell in your body and speeds up the process of natural aging. Antioxidants negate this damage to some extent and help you fight the flow of time. The effects are particularly noticeable on your skin as these elements contribute to reducing and preventing wrinkles.
- They give you folic acid and niacin
Organic black sesame seeds are rich in all B vitamins, but their content of folic acid and niacin are unusually high. The former is recommended during the pre-conception period and pregnancy itself as it reduces the risk of neural tube effects in newborns.
Niacin is one of the reasons why black organic sesame seeds are great for your heart as it reduces the levels of ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol.
- They provide you with a boost of minerals
Calcium isn’t the only mineral you get from eating sesame. These tiny seeds also contain high levels of zinc, selenium, magnesium, manganese, and iron. Each of these nutrients helps support different systems in the body.