- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Very Low in Cholesterol, Sodium and Saturated Fat
- — Very Good Source of Dietary Fiber, Calcium, Iron and Magnesium
Organic Cranberry Beans are invaluable for those who care for both delicious food and its nutritional properties. These organic beans have a sweet, nutty flavor and can serve as the ingredients for many dishes such as soups, vegetable salads, spreads, and stews. They successfully combine with cheese and pasta, olive oil and lemon, herbs and spices. You can also use them as a healthy and nutritious snack.
Health Benefits of Organic Cranberry Beans
The distinguishing feature of Organic Cranberry Beans is their high content of dietary fiber, protein, and minerals—, especially iron. Besides, they are rich in antioxidants, certain vitamins, and amino acids. No wonder that these organic beans have exceptional value for maintaining the body`s overall health and preventing certain diseases.
Here are several examples of their beneficial influence on your health:
- They prevent cardiovascular diseases
Organic Cranberry Beans contain less than 2g (per 100g) of fat and almost no cholesterol. Moreover, their insoluble fiber reduces the cholesterol level in the blood. The organic beans are rich in potassium—which is vitally essential for the operation of the heart—and antioxidants which protect blood vessels.
- They may offer some protection from cancer
Their high content of folate – 190mcg, which ensures 90% of the daily requirement – may lower the risk of cancer as it prevents cells of DNA from mutation. Insoluble fiber helps to cleanse the digestive tract and makes Organic Cranberry Beans an excellent treatment for constipation, effectively avoiding the risk of colon cancer.
- They add red color to your blood
Organic Cranberry Beans are rich in iron and copper. The minerals which play an essential role in forming blood cells that transport oxygen throughout the body— are effective in preventing and treating anemia, asthenia, and apathy.
- They help stabilize sugar
Organic Cranberry Beans have a low glycemic index. The beans reduce sugar absorption in the blood due to the high amount of dietary fiber.
- They add to your energy and vigor
As a vital source of protein – about 45% of the daily requirements per 100g – Organic Cranberry Beans are lovely energetics that eliminates fatigue and makes you healthy and more enduring.
- They aid in weight loss
Being a rich source of dietary fiber and complex carbohydrates, Organic Cranberry Beans help manages weight loss. Insoluble fiber makes your diet more satiable without adding calories. Complex carbohydrates also help suppress appetite.
How to Sprout Organic Cranberry Beans at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of beans, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix beans up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow beans to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the beans into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!