Raw Chocolate Goji Berry Energy Bar
- ¼ cup instant old fashioned oats, ground into a flour
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1 tablespoon lucuma
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pitted date
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Add ¼ cup of instant old fashioned (or quick) oats in a high speed blender and blend until the oats form a flour. Add the goji berries, pecans, cashews, lucuma, cacao nibs, vanilla extract, date, olive oil and almond milk. Pulse and blend until the mixture is small and sticky.
- Spoon it out onto a bowl and knead with your hands for about a minute until all the small pieces form one large clump. Transfer it on a flat surface (I used a plate) and form the shape of a long rectangle. Flip it around so the other side can be flattened by the surface.
- Use a knife and cut off the top and bottom ends, then cut the bar in half. Put it in the freezer for the moment while you prepare the topping.
- Combine a teaspoon of coconut oil with ¼ teaspoon of cacao powder and maple syrup in a very small bowl and mix it up.
- Take the bars back from the freezer and drizzle this mixture on top of the bars evenly, then put it back into the freezer for 20 minutes.
Oat Cookies with Goji Berry Jam
Raw Oatmeal Cookies:
- 0,5 cup raw oats
- 0,25 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 0,5 cup almonds
- 25g coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalaya Salt
- Lemon peel from an organic lemon
- 2-3 drops lemon oil
- 3 tablespoons agave or yacon syrup
- 5-6 teaspoons sucanat or coconut sugar
In the food processor, process raw, rolled oats into a fine meal, add almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes, process until they are finely ground as well. Add salt, lemon peel, agave syrup and sucanat, mix well. Add melted coconut butter and coconut oil(you can use only coconut oil), continue to process until a ball is formed and everything is mixed. With your hands, form small thumbprint cookies, then place for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Spoon raw goji jam on top and enjoy. These cookies stay fresh for 3-4 days and should be kept in the refrigerator.
Raw Goji Berry Jam:
- 0,25 cup dried goji berries
- 0,25 cup dried cranberries
- 0,25 cup fresh orange juice
- Juice from a half lemon(a huge)
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- 1-2 tablespoons agave
- 4-5 fresh, organic strawberries
- 1-2 teaspoons psylium seed husk
Place dried berries in a bowl, add water, lemon and orange juice, let stand for 1-2 hours to soften the berries. Transfer in a high speed blender, add fresh strawberries and agave, blend till it is very smooth. Add psyllium husks, mix well and let stand for 10-15 minutes, then again blend very well. The psyllium husk acts as a thickening/gelling agent and provides the right texture, it tastes very similar to a real fruit jam, only much healthier and without tons of sugar.
Recipe source: www.blog.wagashi-net.de
Superfood Strawberry & Goji Berry Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons dried goji berries/ goji berries powder
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- 2 cups almond milk
In a small bowl mix the goji berries and 1 tablespoon of water, allow to set for 15 minutes to make the berries softer. In a blender, add the goji berries, strawberries, honey, almond milk and ice and blend until smooth.
Recipe source: www.skinnyms.com
Raw Vegan Vanilla Goji Berry Ice Cream
- ¾ cup raw cashews, pre-soaked and strained
- 6 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp raw ground vanilla bean (or scrape ½ a vanilla bean pod)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup dried goji berries
- 1 tbsp edible dried blue cornflower petals (optional for color)
Make sure all ice cream ingredients are at room temperature. Blend everything together into a smooth mixture in a power blender. Transfer into a medium-small glass freezer-proof container (make sure not to fill all the way if covering with a lid)(I used a container that’s roughly 4″x6″ but anything of a similar size will do).
Sprinkle with goji berries and cornflower petals (alternatively can stir them into the mixture for a more balanced distribution as opposed to just sprinkling on top — I didn’t; they got naturally “folded” in the scooping process).
Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When ready to eat, thaw out on the counter a bit until it’s at a scoopable consistency and enjoy!
Recipe Source: http://amp.gs/kp4C
Goji Berry Lime Smoothie
- ¼ cup dried Goji Berries
- ½ cup Frozen Pineapple
- ½ cup Frozen Strawberries
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 Lime Peeled
- 1 teaspoon Camu Berry Powder
- Enough coconut water to cover all ingredients in blender.
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Vegan Walnut Dried Apricot Bars
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup dried apricot
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 dates pits removed and softened in water for 10 mins
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes to soften then a bit. Drain the water.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until almost smooth (not completely).
- Pat bars into baking tray and freeze for 10-15 mins.
- Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.
Goji Berries Green Smoothie
- 1 medium banana (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon Goji berries + some for topping
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice (or substitute for water)
- Ice, optional
- flax or other seeds, for topping
- Soak one tablespoon of Goji berries in 2 tablespoons in warm water, to soften up, for 10 minutes.
- In a cup of your blender put the banana, spinach, goji berries (with the water), orange juice, and ice if using.
- Process until smooth and nice.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Goji berries and some seeds, if desired.