Sun-Dried Tomato Couscous with Fennel & Caraway Seeds
- 1½ cups of couscous
- 2 cups of water
- 5 tablespoons of tomatoe paste (or make your own with 7 sundried tomatoes in oil, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp veggie broth & teaspoon lemon juice – put into food processor and process into paste)
pinch of salt & fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small fennel bulbs
- handful of mint, chopped
- 3 teaspoons of caraway seeds toasted
- 1 lemon squeezed of juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt & fresh ground pepper
- Boil 2 cups of water. Put couscous into a bowl and pour the water over. Add the tomato paste, stir and cover the bowl with a plate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make fennel salad
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Grate 2 small fennels
- Toss with chopped mint and dressing.
- Put couscous on a large plate.
- Top the middle with fennel salad. Garnish with caraway seeds or toasted nuts.
Recipe Source: www.ordinaryvegan.net
Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- about 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar (or regular)
Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, basil, sunflower seeds, garlic, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. With the food processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil and vinegar. Process until mostly smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. To thin out the pesto, add in additional olive oil a little at a time.
Recipe Source: www.ohmyveggies.com
Vegan couscous with sun-dried tomatoes, avocados & artichokes
- 1 cup couscous, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1-2 tablespoons capers
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach or arugula
- 1 tablespoon oil from sun-dried tomato jar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt/pepper to taste
- Cook couscous according to package directions using vegetable broth or water. Fluff couscous with a fork when cooked.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Mix.
Recipe Source: http://amp.gs/prPw
Pine Nuts Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces small shell pasta
- 3 ounces spinach leaves , ½ of a 6 ounce package
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice , about ½ lemon
- ¼ cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 ounce sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 in scallions , sliced small discs
- ¼ cup homemade vegan Parmesan Cheese.
1. Fill a large pot with water, add about a tablespoon of salt, and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
2. Stir in the shells pasta and return to a boil.
3. Cook the until the pasta is al dente, usually 8 to 10 minutes. Follow the box directions for the time.
4. Rinse with cold water to cool. Drain and set aside.
5. In a separate small bowl add the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
6. Whisk until well blended.
7. Combine the spinach, drained pasta, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes, scallions and parmesan cheese. Toss.
8. Add the dressing, toss and refrigerate.
Recipe Source: http://amp.gs/npNF
Classic Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onion (or shallot), minced
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
3. Grease a baking pan with olive oil.
4. Place slices of baguette onto a baking pan and bake for about 10 minutes, until light golden brown.
5. Top each slice with a spoonful of the tomato mixture.
Recipe adapted from Melissa Belanger, www.simplywhisked.com
Lemon Spinach Pasta with sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound of spaghetti*
- the juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese**
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package for al dente noodles.
2. In a large saute pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the lemon juice and garlic. Stir consistently for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked spaghetti and spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Toss in the sauce to coat noodles. Cook for a minute or until the spinach turns bright green and just begins to wilt. Season with salt and pepper and stir in Parmesan cheese.
**omit Parmesan cheese if vegan
Recipe adapted from Jenna, www.seasonedsprinkles.com