- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — High Germination Rate
- — High Purity
Originally alfalfa seeds were a widespread ingredient in dishes and even medicines in Asia, but nowadays they have gained popularity in other cuisines all over the world. The name of the plant is based on an Arabic word that means “father of all foods”, which may be true to an extent. These seeds may be used in numerous dishes and even beverages, so the ways to benefit from them are varied.
This legume is rich in easily digested nutrients, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that are so essential for the overall strength and health of a human body. Due to the fact that we offer this organic product in our store, with our seeds, you will enjoy several times as many benefits as you might with the usual seeds. Its organic origin helps preserve the healthy qualities of the product and reduces the risk of damage inflicted by chemicals.
Health Benefits of Organic Alfalfa Seeds
- Support the heart-vascular system
They are very beneficial when it comes to detoxification of the blood. These seeds are also helpful for people who run the risk of artery calcification. The level of hemolysis zones along with cholesterol causing some coronary heart diseases may also be lowered. Additionally, organic alfalfa seeds may save you from clotting.
- Solve women’s health problems
Organic alfalfa seeds are known to contain estrogen-like chemicals. Their effect is similar to that of natural female hormones. Thus, the seeds may be used to help with the hormone imbalance that women experience during climacteric periods. Moreover, the chemicals in them help in preventing chronic cystic mastitis and even breast cancer.
- Help your gastrointestinal tract
Ferments contained in the organic seeds take part in splitting macromolecules and fats, helping your digestion. The presence of carotenoids makes them a valuable remedy for ulcers by building up the epithelium tissues of the stomach lining.
- Help the skeletal system
Lithic acid in the blood causes pain in joints. Organic alfalfa seeds have a supply of green pigment which relieves the pain by eliminating this acid from the circulatory system. Its use is appropriate for a variety of different inflammatory disorders such as arthritis.
- Preserve your general well-being
As they possess natural antioxidants, these seeds are of great use when trying to remain young and active. It postpones or reduces the damage to the cells in the body caused by free radicals. What is more, their plant-derived chemicals boost your body’s defense system.
How to Sprout Alfalfa Seeds at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!