- — Raw, Vegan
- — Very Low in Cholesterol, Sodium, and Saturated Fat
- — Good Source of Dietary Fiber and Iron
Freekeh is an ancient grain rooted in the Middle Eastern tradition of roasting young green wheat. The roasted grain has a nutty flavor and chewy texture that provides innovative meal options in demand. You can definitely replace rice or Kasha with this grain, it will add more texture and a whole different taste to your dishes. Freekeh is a popular grain, ask your local restaurant if they serve it as a side. Freekeh has a chewy texture and a nutty flavor. This grain is a good source of protein (6g per 40g serving) and fiber (4g per 40g serving) making it more nutritious than brown rice, bulgur, and similar grains. Versatile super grain that cooks perfectly in soups, pilafs, salads, stir-fries, and stews, or can be stone-ground into flour for baking purposes. Whether you are looking for a plant-based vegetarian or vegan option, or to feature a unique grain in your culinary masterpieces; this grain is an excellent choice.
There are two varieties of Freekeh:
- Cracked to reduce cooking time.
- The texture of the bulgur with a nutty flavor and chewy texture.
- Endless possibilities: breakfast cereal, cold salads, a side to your favorite.
- Whole Freekeh has the texture of a wheat berry
- Smoky and Nutty Flavor
- Recommended use: Vegan and Vegetarian Dinner, cold salad, soup, or as a unique side to any Middle Eastern inspiration