- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Box Content: Organic Pinto Beans (8-oz bag), Organic Dark Red Kidney Beans (8-oz bag), Organic Black Beans (8-oz bag), Organic Navy Beans (8-oz bag), Organic Garbanzo Beans (8-oz bag)
Organic Pinto Beans are low in fat, rich in nutrients, and a fantastic source of protein and fiber. They are used all over the US for making a variety of dishes, including chili, burritos, and stews. You can also grind them into nutritious gluten-free bean flour.
Organic Kidney Beans are low in fats and have such a tremendous calorie-to-nutrient ratio that you can include in any meal plan. They can be fused with vegetables so that you can incorporate them into your favorite recipes with ease. Also, try making some kidney beans curry as it tastes incredible.
Organic Black Turtle Beans give you a huge nutritional boost. They are rich in protein, minerals, and vitamins. Black beans are the most popular in Latin America and India, where frijoles negros and maa ki daal are national dishes. In the US, people love to use them in brownies, salsa, burgers, hummus, and dips.
Organic White Beans contain a variety of vitamins and minerals and give you a healthy dose of easily-digestible proteins. This food also has a low glycemic index. One of the greatest things about them is that you can use them in a great variety of ways. Due to their naturally mild flavor, they will go equally well in a white bean chili or some sweet dessert.
Organic Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas) provide your body with a massive boost of nutrients. There are a great many ways to enjoy cooked chickpeas. You can add them to salads, soups, stews, and ultimately use them as a substitute in any other recipe with legumes. However, the most popular chickpeas snack is serving them roasted and seasoned with spices.
How to Sprout Beans at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of beans, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix beans up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow beans to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the beans into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!