- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Raw Hulled Seeds
- — Cholesterol and Sugars Free
- — High in Magnesium, Iron, and Calcium
Sesame seeds have been used in cuisine for thousands of years, and the healers of old included this incredibly nutritious ingredient in a significant number of remedies. Today you can enjoy delicious Organic Sesame Seeds in various ways, and every meal with them will benefit your health in many respects.
Organic Sesame Seeds Health Benefits
Sesame seeds, organic or otherwise, are incredibly rich in essential nutrients, which means they promote your general health and well-being. The most notable of their benefits include:
- Provide calcium As far as plant-based foods go, sesame seeds are one of the best natural sources of calcium. They are truly invaluable for vegans and vegetarians. Another great benefit of this particular food is that this type of calcium is more comfortable for the body to process. This mineral is vital for maintaining bone health and strength and ensuring your hair and nails stay healthy.
- They are rich in antioxidants Raw organic sesame seeds contain a variety of antioxidants that protect your body from the detrimental effects of free radical damage. Oxidation weakens every cell in your body and speeds up the process of natural aging. Antioxidants negate this damage to some extent and help you fight the flow of time. The effects are particularly noticeable on your skin as these elements contribute to reducing and preventing wrinkles.
- They give you folic acid and niacin Organic sesame seeds are rich in all B vitamins, but their folic acid and niacin content is unusually high. The former recommended during the pre-conception period and pregnancy itself as it reduces the risk of neural tube effects in newborns. Niacin is one of the reasons why organic sesame seeds are great for your heart as it reduces the levels of ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol.
- They provide you with a boost of minerals Calcium isn’t the only mineral you get from eating sesame. These tiny seeds also contain high levels of zinc, selenium, magnesium, manganese, and iron. Each of these nutrients helps support different systems in the body.
How to Use Organic Sesame Seeds
Organic sesame seeds can be used in a significant number of culinary recipes. They will add a pleasant nutty flavor and crunchiness to any baked goods. You can also sprinkle them on salads, sandwiches, or desserts. Add a spoonful of seeds to your breakfast or post-workout smoothie to make it more nutritious.