- — Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — Free of Fat & Cholesterol
- — Very low in Sodium
- — A very good source of Dietary Fiber, Manganese, and Selenium
Pearled barley is the superfood among grains. It’s rich in nutrients and provides a diversity of health benefits. It’s a delicious grain thats right for your body thats easy to include in your meals daily. There are plenty of recipes you can try out to change your diet habits and make healthier choices. Pearled barley is a widely used variety of barley preferred in the kitchen of many homemakers. It goes through cleaning to remove the outermost hull (shell) and the bran layer; thus, it’s not the whole grain.
Grains must be a part of any well-balanced diet. Although many of them possess similar properties and are suitable for your health, some grains offer unique benefits.
- This grain has a low glycemic index. Therefore, eating it increases insulin sensitivity and lowers glucose levels. This process controls levels of your blood sugar. Pearled barley is perfect for people with a high risk of developing diabetes and issues with sugar levels.
- Did you know, It lowers blood pressure? Pearled barley loaded with dietary fiber. Daily consumption of the right amounts of fiber normalizes blood pressure. It isn’t especially helpful in boosting “good” HDL cholesterol. However, it effectively purges bad cholesterol from your arteries.
- It is a perfect grain for diet. If your primary goal is weight loss, pearled barley is the best grain to eat. It takes more time to digest than other grains, so it allows you to feel full longer.
Pearled Barley has so many ways to share its unbelievable flavor and benefits. You can use this grain in salads, make a fabulous side dish, add it to delicious soups, and make sure to experiment and prepare Almond Porridge with Fruit.