- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Vegan
- — Halves & Pieces
- — High in Antioxidants
- — No Shell
- — Suitable for Sirtfood diet
99Organic Pecans are one of the most antioxidant tree nuts. Native Americans who valued these nuts for their rich, nutritious content used them for their healthful qualities.
Growing and Farming
Today, many farms are engaged in growing organic pecans with the help of environment-friendly techniques such as crop rotation, compost, biological pesticide control, and some others. Because they don’t use synthetic fertilizers and growth-enhancing, organic nuts do not contain pesticides, herbicides, or fungicides.
Why Organic Pecans Are Better
All organic and conventional pecans are a powerhouse of healthful nutrients: protein, carbohydrates, and fat. They are especially rich in minerals – manganese, copper, zinc – and vitamins. What is essential – is the number of antioxidants that each nut contains. Recent studies have revealed that organic pecans are up to 60% higher in antioxidants than non-organic ones.
Health Benefits of Organic Pecans
- Protection of the Heart studies have shown that pecans balance cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of hypertension. Their high content of monosaturated fat makes them invaluable for people with heart and vessel disorders.
- Lower risk of type 2 diabetes Although rich in carbohydrates, pecans help maintain blood sugar levels, which is of great importance for people inclined to this severe illness.
- High in Antioxidants The high content of such powerful antioxidants as ellagic acid, vitamin E, beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin makes pecans helpful in fighting radical cells.
- Anti-toxicity properties Pecans help ward off toxic substances due to the high fiber content and protect the liver, kidneys, and bladder.