- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — High Germination Rate
- — High in Vitamins C
- — Gluten, Cholesterol and Sugars Free
- — Country of Origin: Italy
Organic radish seeds from Food to Live have a high germination rate. They are guaranteed to provide you with delicious and nutritious sprouts that are so beneficial to your health, they can be counted among superfoods.
Organic Radish Seeds Most Important Benefits
- They make a great source of B vitamins
This group of nutrients plays an essential part in a variety of chemical reactions inside our bodies, so their deficiencies can cause a lot of problems. Radish sprouts are particularly rich in folate, an element necessary for proper fetus development and prevention of birth defects, it’s also beneficial for maintaining cardiovascular health. 3.5 ounces of the sprouts will provide you with a quarter of the daily dose of folate.
- They contain lots of glucosinolates
According to recent studies, glucosinolates have the potential to reduce the risk of cancer development. A study conducted by the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation from Australia ranks radish sprouts among the leaders judging by their glucosinolates content.
- They promote weight loss
Organic radish sprouts do not only provide you with essential vitamins and minerals, but they also make a fabulous addition to any weight loss program. Due to their high nutritional value, they give your body the vital elements it needs to function properly. However, they are also extremely low on calories and have a high fiber content. Most importantly, radish sprouts are packed with vitamin C. According to a study from Arizona State University, people with a higher content of this particular element in their blood burn off more fat while exercising.
- They are great for skin
Another advantage of vitamin C is that it’s an extremely potent antioxidant. This is the main reason why it’s such a popular ingredient in beauty products. Research indicates that oxidation is one of the major contributors to the process of aging. Consuming large amounts of antioxidants helps slow down this process and keep your skin firm and smooth longer.
How to Use Organic Radish Seeds
The best way to use organic radish seeds is to sprout them and enjoy delicious and spicy sprouts that will enhance the flavor of any salad or sandwich. Some alternative medicine practitioners (Chinese herbal medicine in particular) use seeds in a variety of their remedies.
How to Sprout Seeds at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!