- — Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — Trans Fat Free
- — Cholesterol Free
- — Very Low in Sodium
- — A Very Good Source of Manganese
Pine nuts, also known as pignoli, pinon, or chilgoza, are delicious, crunchy, sweet, and exceptionally good for you. They are the healthiest kind of nuts. The fact that they possess rich buttery flavor makes them a great addition to any dish, be it a salad, sauce, or dessert. The vast majority of pine trees that produce these nuts grow in the taiga forests of Siberia and Canada. Chilgoza pine nuts come from the variety of the same tree that grows mostly in India, Pakistan, and Afghanistan.
To say that this kind of nut is nutritious would be an understatement. It contains so many essential vitamins and minerals that you can say with confidence its superfood among nuts. Please note that such a tremendous nutritional value comes with a price, 100 grams of dry pine nuts contain 673 calories. Thus, you take this into account when you plan your daily meals to keep your diet well-balanced.
- Circulatory system support The vast majority of calories in pine nuts come from “good” unsaturated fats that lower the LDL “bad” cholesterol. These elements help maintain your vessels in good shape, cleanse your body of ‘bad’ fats, and strengthen your cardiovascular system as a whole.
- Antioxidant protection from free radical damage Pine nuts are an extremely potent antioxidant. They contain significant amounts of vitamin E (62% of the recommended daily amount in 100 g), which is directly responsible for protection against free radicals and supporting cell membranes’ integrity. In simple terms, eating these nuts improves your general well-being and strengthens your body’s natural defenses.
- Gluten-free fiber source Pine nuts safe for people with gluten sensitivity and those who want to avoid this protein. If you decide to pursue a gluten-free diet to improve your general health and manage weight. Moreover, this particular ingredient will be an excellent addition to your daily meals. The nuts contain lots of dietary fiber and essential nutrients that are essential for achieving your goals.
- Appetite suppression Pinoleic acid is one of the essential omega-six fatty acids that pine nuts have in abundance. It boosts the production of elements that suppress the feeling of hunger. Therefore, they make a great snack for a weight management meal plan. Furthermore, it also makes pine nuts a perfect snack for hikers who spend extended periods in the wilderness.
- Bones strength promotion Among all the minerals pine nuts provide your body with, calcium and manganese are essential for bone strength and integrity. Eating these nuts gives a boost to your skeleton. Moreover, it will benefit you as the years go by because human bones become more brittle with age.
Storage and Shelflife
Make sure to store these nuts in an airtight container, refrigerated or in a cool, dry place as any other raw product you come across.
Easy Pine Nuts Arugula Pesto