- — Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — Loaded with antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory agent
- — Improves your overall fitness and gives the extra flavor
- — Extremely rich in manganese
- — Great source of dietary fiber, iron, copper, magnesium
- — Low in cholesterol, sodium and saturated fat
Turmeric, also known as turmeric curcumin, is a wonderful spice. In ancient times, it was revered for its healing properties, and even today, turmeric supplements are quite popular among alternative medicine practitioners. As a spice, turmeric is popular in Indian and Chinese cuisines. However, nowadays, chefs from all over the world utilize this incredible flavoring to spice up their dishes. Ground Turmeric from Food to Live offers you an opportunity to expand your culinary talents. You can change the taste of your favorite recipes or invent new ones.
Turmeric Powder Health Benefits
The benefits of turmeric have the ability to reduce swelling and inflammation. Besides, it has many applications in herbal medicine due to the high content of curcumin, an extremely potent antioxidant. A study from the Linus Pauling Institute indicates that this element inhibits inflammatory factors in cells. Thus, this particular feature prompted the use of turmeric curcumin in research aimed at discovering cancer prevention solutions. Health Benefits:
- Normalized digestion. Due to its ability to fight inflammation and bacteria, this spice makes your food healthier. As these specific reasons cause the majority of digestive disorders, spicing up your food with this spice might prevent them. Moreover, it will make your meals more delicious.
- Reduced joint pain. The efficiency of this treatment is currently under research. However, there is no arguing the fact that including ground turmeric in your food will be a good choice for fighting this type of inflammation.
- Healthy skin. Women in India use turmeric powder in face creams and scrubs for many centuries. Today the beauty industry uses essential oil in perfumes, and there are quite a few recipes for homemade remedies that include this spice. Please note that the powder stains if left on skin or teeth for extended periods in great concentrations. Therefore, if you plan to use it this way, add only a small amount of spices to a mix of other non-staining ingredients. As it has antibacterial properties, it works magically in dandruff remedies.
How to Use Turmeric Powder
Cooking with turmeric is a pleasure as it turns any dish into an exotic culinary masterpiece. You also need to take into account its ability to color foods. For example, add it to egg salad to give it a beautiful golden hue. Try this spice for flavoring dips, rice, lentils, and sautéed cauliflower.
10 Essential Spices Every Home Cook Needs