- — Non-GMO, Organic
Stressful moments in our lives call for new solutions, and Organic Ashwagandha Powder is just the right one! Ashwagandha, also known as “Indian Winter cherry” or “Indian Ginseng,” is a shrub of the nightshade family, native to India and Southeast Asia. Since the ancient times Ashwagandha extract has been used in Ayurveda (a traditional Indian medicine) as a vital medicinal herb with fantastic health benefits.
Nutritional Value of Organic Ashwagandha Powder
Being rich in dietary fiber, Food to Live’s Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder preserves a myriad of essential nutrients, including Iron, Calcium, and Vitamin C. Moreover, Ashwagandha is considered an adaptogenic herb since it contains compounds that reduce a major stress hormone – cortisol. Ashwagandha works great for stress and anxiety and is often taken with valerian root or passionflower. Nervines like passionflower can enhance the action of adaptogens like ashwagandha, if taken simultaneously.
Ashwagandha herb may provide better sleep, improve memory, calm the brain, increase muscle strength, reduce swelling, and strengthens the immune system and heart health. While daily dosage may vary from 250 to 500 mg, it takes at least one month to see the cumulative effect. Nevertheless, you should always consult a medical provider before consuming herbs for stress, insomnia, and other health related purposes.
Versatile Uses of Organic Ashwagandha Powder
Ground Organic India Ashwagandha is definitely a unique ingredient to add to your diet. Use ghee, sugar, and honey to balance the intense and bitter flavor of Pure Ashwagandha Powder. Mix it into sweet desserts, porridge, smoothies, hot beverages, and pastries. Recreate the infamous Ashwagandha tea or save on expensive de-stress supplements by making your own Ashwagandha gummies (the recipes are below).
Ashwagandha Tea with Milk & Cardamom Recipe:
1. Mix 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 of water, and 1 teaspoon of Organic Ashwagandha Powder;
2. Heat the mixture until tepid;
3. Add the cardamom or a dash of honey. Enjoy!
De-stress Ashwagandha Gummies Recipe:
1. Heat 2 cups of your favorite fruit juice;
2. Add three scoops of the gelatin to 2 cups of heated juice;
3. Whisk them together;
4. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar and whisk again;
5. Add 1/4 tsp Ashwagandha Powder and whisk for the final time;
6. Pour into the gummy mold and refrigerate overnight;
7. Remove from the container and place into a glass jar. Store in the fridge;
8. Enjoy 1 Ashwagandha Gummy a day.
Storage Tips for Organic Ashwagandha in Bulk
Best Ashwagandha storage conditions are using an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
ASHWAGANDHA – THE ULTIMATE DE-STRESS HERB