- — Kosher, Raw, Vegan
- — Natural Chlorella Powder
- — Very Low in Cholesterol and Sodium
- — Good source of Calcium and Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Iron, and Protein
Have you ever heard of people mixing algae into smoothies or breakfast dishes to detoxify their diet? Chlorella powder is a powdered form of algae that’s high in chlorophyll, a nutrient that is superpowered to cleanse your body. If you’re looking at starting a juice diet to clean out your body or are simply hoping to incorporate more detoxifying foods into your daily life, Chlorella powder will be your new best friend. Studies show that chlorella can help both the heart and kidney and that in as few as 12 weeks, daily ingestion of chlorella can help lower blood pressure.
Chlorella Powder: Nutrition Information
Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, chlorella powder may support weight loss and even boost the immune system. Chlorella powder also binds itself to heavy metals and can help flush them out of your body, which is one of the reasons people may feel better after incorporating Chlorella Powder into their diet. Here’s some of what chlorella powder has to offer in each nutrient-packed serving:
- Protein: Not only is chlorella powder packed with protein, but it’s a complete protein, meaning that it has all 9 essential amino acids. Where varied forms of protein are normally necessary to balance out a diet—called protein pairing—the protein found in chlorella powder is complete on its own, making it an extremely versatile protein source.
- Iron: Alongside protein, chlorella powder also packs a punch of iron, a mineral that is necessary to help your blood carry oxygen throughout your body. Chlorella powder also has Vitamin C, which can help your body absorb that iron and reap the benefits.
- Omega-3s: Omega-3s are newly being recognized for the benefits they offer, especially to pregnant and nursing women. These fatty acids help with brain development and may also lower the risk of serious conditions like heart disease, depression, and arthritis. Most Omega-3s come from fish, and many people don’t consume enough Omega-3s. Chlorella powder can be mixed into your favorite recipe to provide one more source of Omega-3s in your diet.
- Niacin: One of the B-vitamins, Niacin has been shown to help lower unhealthy cholesterol in the body. Since too much cholesterol can build up in arteries, leading to increased risks of heart disease, stroke, and blood clots, adding niacin to the diet can reduce these risks.