- — Kosher, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan
- — Very Low in Saturated Fat & Sodium, Cholesterol Free
- — A Very Good Source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Thiamin, Magnesium
Black Turtle Beans are shiny, dark, and rich in flavor. They originate from Central and South America, however, now the major commercial producers of black beans are India and Brazil.
This particular variety of beans is very close to red and white beans in many ways. What sets them apart is that black beans hold their shape better while cooking, and their original rich taste is similar to mushrooms.
Health Benefits of Black Beans
Like all other legumes, black beans offer significant health benefits:
- The best source of fiber
- A cup of cooked black beans provides you with 15 grams (half of the daily dose) of fiber.
- An exceptional source of protein
The same amount of turtle beans also provides you with 15 grams of highly digestible protein (one-third of the daily dose). No other fruits, vegetables, meat, or grains can provide such a right protein fiber combination.
- Regular digestive process
Such a unique and efficient combination of protein and fiber allows black beans to regulate your digestive process, which results in the optimal chemical balance of bacteria and microorganisms in your intestines.
- Balance blood sugar levels
As turtle beans normalize your digestive process, they have the same effect on the food breakdown rate, which prevents severe blood sugar level spikes.
How to Sprout Black Beans at Home
- To get 3 Cups of Black Turtle Beans Sprouts. You need to get 3 Tablespoons of beans, transfer them into a bowl or your sprouter. Add twice as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix beans up to ensure water is evened out between the beans.
- Allow beans to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the beans into your sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with fresh (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain every 8-12 hours again for three days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!